A common problem women face with having sisterlocks is dryness which then causes dandruff. But do not worry we have a DIY mask you can try to help with this problem, as well moisturizes your hair and provides you hair with more nutrients. It is easy to make, inexpensive and you will for sure see results.
What you’ll need:
- 2 egg whites (oily hair)/ 2egg yolks (dry hair)/ 1 whole egg (normal hair)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup of yogurt
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- Depending on your hair type (oily, dry, normal hair) will depend on what part of the egg you will need. Once you have determined what you need, in a large bowl whisk together all of the ingredients until you get a consistent mixture.
- Apply mixture to your hair starting at the roots and work your way down to the tips.
- Once you have applied the mixture all over your hair, wait 20 minutes.
- When you 20 minutes is up, wash off the mask with a mild sulfate-free shampoo. When washing make sure you use cold water to rinse your hair as hot/warm water can “cook” the egg.
The eggs and yogurt will provide nourishment and moisture to your scalp. If you do have mild dandruff, adding a little bit of conditioner will help with this problem. Use this mask once a week for effective results.